Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CineKink 2012 - Sirwiñakuy

The other night, amid some stress about the new production, I was asking Jac about whether or not we'd heard back from CineKink, when I answered my own question by looking at the inbox. Just then the doorbell rang and Jac went downstairs to see who it was, I checked the email, scrolled down the list of selections and saw Sirwiñakuy in the "S" section. When Jac came back upstairs, I had a big grin on my face.

It's really nice to have my first film be selected for CineKink NYC, not only because it's my first film and my first festival, but because of what CineKink represents. CineKink is one of the only festivals of its kind, and the largest, featuring films that range from Hollywood and beyond. They receive mountains of submissions, so to be selected by them is an honor, especially with my first film.

After the festival in NYC, CineKink goes on tour with the films, all over the USA. So, many will have the chance to see Sirwiñakuy in the theater as many already did in Bolivia. Speaking of which, there has been a large number of people clambering for a second round of Sirwiñakuy in theaters here in Bolivia, which we intend to answer with "Si!" and put it again in the theaters.

Overall the response to my first film is one that not many people have experienced, being attacked by critics, loved and hated, respectively, by the audience,  and selected by an international film festival. It's had an impact.

In addition, I feel that attending the festival (I'll be there the 10th-12th) is a great opportunity to mingle with like-minded filmmakers and an audience that are open to the types of films celebrated by CineKink. It's a rare opportunity.

We shall see how the audience in NYC greets my film on Saturday, February 11th, 2012, at the Anthology Film Archives, 32 Second Avenue (@ 2nd Street). I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment