Monday, August 8, 2011

Life is not all roses sometimes...

but it always gets better! Right?!

I'm back from a grueling six weeks of dealing with family issues and the estate issues that go along with that. My dad has dementia. I know, it's really sad, but I've tried to take the opportunity to develop a different relationship with him and remember the good times we had. Today I sent him a postcard, one of many. I hope he likes it.

So, onward and upward! I got back to the office to find a rough cut of Barbazul. I really like what I see, it needs a lot more editing work, but it's a very powerful film, and very good looking. I'm really excited about that. And was pretty surprised, since my absence meant that everyone else had to do my work as well as their own for the past six weeks.

The subtitles of Sirwiñakuy appear to be finished, we just need to put them on the film and voilá, it shall be released very soon on VermeerWorks, and some time after that on Amazon. Hooray!

Maleficarum is plugging along, we were hoping to have a release date by now, but it's a complicated film, with a complicated structure to edit, lots of effects, visual and sound, and so, it'll just have to take the time it takes. Good things do take time.

And Le Marquis de la Croix will have to wait for the others to be edited. We seem to have a backlog of movies to edit, which is a good thing, but leads to some impatience...

All in all, I've accomplished a lot in the past six weeks, and now that I'm back to work, where I'm happiest, I'm looking forward to everything we have planned, future releases and new productions! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Work and art are powerfull tools to re-construct life sometimes... a little of passion in here, a little of creativity in there... and mind and soul gets clean...

    bisou! best wishes for you Amy

    PS (in facebook, your argentinian friend Victoria C)

    ReplyDelete