Saturday, April 16, 2011

Decadent Cinema

So, June 15th we began production of my third film as writer/director, Le Marquis de la Croix. Very exciting stuff. For some time now I've been planning to begin shooting in earnest, lots of films, campy films, exploitation films, serious films. Well, it looks like this is it. The time has come! With The Marquis, we're beginning a new era.

The Marquis de la Croix, produced by Decadent Cinema, is a more campy exploitation film based on the writings of the Marquis de Sade (who else?). I could go on about the post-modern need for post-modern exploitation films, a la Jess Franco, Roger Corman, Jean Rollin, etc., or I could simply say that I'm making the films that I wish I could find in the "weird films" section of my local video store.

The Marquis de la Croix will be in Spanish and English, with subtitles in several languages.

So far I'm extremely pleased with the movie as I've looked over the rushes each day. It's so amazing to have such a great team of talented people to work with. They help me to take an idea and make it a reality. An extremely beautiful reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment